- Length Retention
- Clean Scalp (to clean or not to clean)
- Scalp Massages
- Less Manipulation
- Stop Experimenting
- Retaining length is the key to seeing your progress, on average hair grows a 1/2 inch per month which equals to 6 inches per year so if your hair is breaking off as fast as it grows due to poor handling & combing then you'll find yourself at a stand still and it'll seem as if your hair isn't growing but trust! your hair is growing. Instead of being rough with your hair, treat it like fine lace and it'll thank you later. I would also advise you not to cut your hair on a timed schedule just trim your ends when ever they absolutely need it. if you have a stylist please speak up and let them know that you don't need a trim every 6-8 weeks, if your stylist is skilled at what she do then there's no need to be cutting your hair so often if it's being properly cared for right?
- Keeping a clean scalp is one of those topics that some agree with and some don't, depending on your schedule, laziness or your experience this may or may not work for you. Some times I find that when I go longer without washing my hair it grows faster, now I know you're probably wondering why! I believe that it's because the natural oil that comes out of your scalp called sebum sits on the scalp longer giving your scalp all the nutrients that it needs to promote healthier growing hair. Now some people may sweat a lot and find that washing their hair less frequent causes odor, in that case I would advise to wash your hair at least once a week and maybe oil your scalp 1 to 2x's per week with Jojoba oil which mimics the scalp natural oils. No matter which way you look at it, it's a matter of personal preference.
- Scalp massages are the best way to promote faster hair growth in fact it promotes blood circulation to the scalp which promotes faster hair growth, it lifts up dirt & product buildup that can be trapped in your follicles that could potentially be stunting your growth. I typically use a scalp shampoo brush that is battery opperated to assist with my scalp massages (shown below) click to purchase.
Shampoo Brush (Use Code Shampoo7 to save $)
- The more you manipulate your hair, the more you'll cause breakage and split ends which will cause you to have to trim or cut off your progress, For example, if your hands are always in your hair styling it, combing it etc you'll be more likely to cause breakage. I would advise you to style your hair for the week and leave it alone if you can. I typically put my hair into a loose top not bun or a wig and keep it moving, if you have to comb your hair on a regular then please start from the ends and work your way up slowly, you have to baby your hair and treat it delicately.
- Experimenting is the number one factor into why your hair may be at a stand still aside from not having the proper knowledge on how to care for your specific hair type. If you're constantly straightening, dying, perming, curling and just doing the absolute most then you'll 9 times out of 10 be left wondering why your hair isn't growing, just remember, too much of anything isn't a good thing.
I hope this helps you reach your hair length goal as I'm currently reaching for full waist length hair. Please leave comments and questions below and I'll be sure to answer.
Thanks for reading loves!!